July 09, 2020 04:15 PM | by Zeinab El-Fiqi
Three Main Reasons Why Brown Bread Is Great for Your Health
It’s been years now since I stopped eating white bread, and my stomach hasn't felt more great. But brown bread has a lot more benefits than just giving you healthy bowel movements and helping with constipation. In the next few lines we'll let know some other benefits you might not know about brown bread and the reasons why brown bread is great for our health.
Note: The bread being a darker color doesn't necessarily mean it's healthier or actually whole-wheat or whole grain. Sometimes the bread is colored and can have more sugars. The color says nothing about the nutritional value. So, most of these benefits below apply for brown breads actual made with whole grain flour.
Brown bread benefits:
1. Brown bread contains a lot of fibers
- If you’re one of the many people suffering from constipation, then you should give up on white bread forever, and start eating brown bread. Brown bread contains a lot of fibers, which is a great natural laxative. They also help prevent hemorrhoids.
- Expect to be less bloated and more relaxed after eating brown bread.
- Fibers in brown bread also lower bad cholesterol and help you maintain a healthy weight
- Also for people who have a diabetes risk, fibers balance blood sugar.
- Fibers also reduce the risk for some chronic diseases.
2. Brown bread contains a lot of vitamins
If you want to have an energetic and productive day, then you should eat brown bread at breakfast. Why? Because brown bread contains Vitamin B.
- Vitamin B helps the body gain energy from food.
- Brown bread with whole grains contains Vitamin E and Vitamin K.
3. Brown bread benefits for weight loss
Cutting out carbohydrates out of your weight loss program is one of the biggest misconceptions! A weight loss program should have a variety of all nutrients, and good carbohydrates are important. Brown bread is good carbohydrates, it doesn’t contain a lot of carbohydrates and it leaves you feeling full.
Love yourself enough to live a healthy lifestyle! Check out our Health & Fitness section here.