March 23, 2015 12:00 AM | by Nada Allam
12 Types of Makeup Brushes and Their Uses
Let me ask you this, how many makeup brushes do you have? Do you know which makeup brush to use and when? I'm going to share with you the ultimate guide to makeup brushes, the different types of makeup brushes and their uses.
1. Angled Makeup Brush: This makeup brush is used for filling in your eyebrows, it's angled in a way to make it easy for you to fill in the empty spaces. The angled makeup brush can also be used to apply eyeliner to your inner water lines.
2. Powder Makeup Brush: This brush comes in small and large sizes and should definitely be part of your makeup brush set. The large powder makeup brush is used to dust some loose compact powder after your foundation to give your face that special satin touch. The powder makeup brush can also be used on the body. The small powder makeup brush is used for applying blush to your cheeks, nose etc…
3. Foundation Makeup Brush: This makeup brush is used for applying liquid foundation to your face. It is the perfect way to apply liquid foundation evenly and gives you that airbrushed finish.
4. Eyeshadow Makeup Brush: This flat with thin bristles makeup brush is used for applying eyeshadows and eyeshadow primers.
5. Smudge Makeup Brush: So what is the use of this makeup brush? Well, if you are wondering how to get the perfect smokey eye, then you will need a smudge makeup brush. It will naturally smudge your eyeshadow to be able to shape it the way you like.
6. Blending Makeup Brush: This makeup brush resembles the sponge beauty blender, but it's smaller and attached to a stick. It helps blend in the eyeshadow to the lid professionally, making it look subtle and natural, or at least not over done.
Tip: You can use the blending brush to blend in your foundation at the hair line.
7. Contour Makeup Brush: As you can tell from the name, this makeup brush is perfect for contouring your face. It's flat and angled, making it easy for you to paint/color on your face. Another great use for this makeup brush is when you're applying bronzer, especially for the neck and shoulders.
8. Angled Cheek Makeup Brush: This makeup brush is more ideal for applying bronzer to your face. The brush resembles the powder brush but it's slanted, making it perfect for applying bronzer especially to your cheek bones.
9. Eyeliner Makeup Brush: This makeup brush is perfect to use when applying liquid eyeliner. It has a very fine tip, for precision and controlling the thickness of the liner. Some eyeliner brushes come with a tipped angle.
10. Lip Brush: This makeup brush is used for applying lipstick. A lip brush is especially necessary for people with thin lips, as it reduces chances of smudging, and also helps line your lips before applying lipstick.
11. Brow Brush: This makeup brush consists of a brow brush, comb and is used to smooth down your brows and comb them in whatever direction you prefer. You can also use the brow comb to get rid of any mascara clumps in your eyelashes.
12. Mascara Brush: This makeup brush can be used in two different ways; the obvious one for combing your eyelashes before and after applying mascara and the not so obvious one is that it's a great tool to comb and shape your brows.
Although beauty comes from within, you don't want to miss our Makeup section with tips and tricks that every woman should know about.Have You Read These?