November 07, 2013 12:00 AM | by Nada Allam
DIY iPhone Cover
I absolutely love iPhone covers, and love changing my cover every now and then. Purchasing many covers isn't really cost effective, so I though why not make my very own cover. There are many ways, but since I am a studs kind of girl, I decided to go for something edgy.
What you will need:
A plastic clear iPhone cover
1. Start by cleaning your iPhone cover thoroughly. Make sure it is clear, because once you stick the studs on, there won't be much room to clean around it.
2. Without using glue, just place the studs on the cover to figure out what type of design you would like to have. You can go for something simple, write your name or initials, or even stud-ify the entire thing.
3. After you decided on the type of design, use a black marker and dot the design. Just so you know where you place everything and it comes out evenly.
4. Next step is applying the super glue. You will apply a small amount onto the back of the stud, and an even smaller amount on the black dot marked on your iPhone cover.
You really need to use a small amount, because you don't want any excess glue lingering on the sides and then drying up. It will look very odd, especially when it fills up with dirt.
5. Leave the iPhone cover for about 20-30 minutes to dry. I know it may seem like a long time, but better safe than sorry. Also that way you guarantee nothing will fall off.
There you have it, your very own studded iPhone cover.