September 27, 2016 12:00 AM | by The Fustany Team
15 Tips That Will Save You the Embarrassment When You're on Your Period
Many embarrassing moments happen to us, women, when we’re on our period, like blood stains, sudden blow-ups and period cramps. There are also other issues, like how to prevent blood from leaking while sleeping? Those are problems that women face when they’re on their period, and for that, we found 15 tips that can save you the embarrassment when you’re on your period.
1. To avoid the most common embarrassment when you’re on your period, which are blood stains when you’re out, is to wear colorful or printed clothes, this way if it happened suddenly it won’t be as obvious as they appear on white pants for example.
2. Be prepared for surprises by keeping a backup pad in places you always go to or use, like the drawer of your desk at work, your locker in the gym and even in your car, this way you’ll always avoid the embarrassment of forgetting your period pads.
3. Another way that will save you the embarrassment caused by periods, is to fill all of your handbags with backup pads. Do it once every month just to be prepared.
4. When you’re on your period, wear tight or elastic under pants, this way your pad will stay in place. Vast or easy going panties will cause leakage one way or another.
5. Also, choose something slim to sleep with, as it will make you feel safe and will support the period pad even more.
6. If you’re going out and suffering from terrible period cramps, don’t think twice about using a hot bladder on your stomach. It will relief the pain instantly!
7. Cinnamon drinks are the best way to relief blow up and period cramps.
8. For women with very heavy period flow, wear two long and slim pads to secure the front and the back of your under panties. There are also special pads for women who just gave birth and women with very heavy period flow.
9. Another terrible embarrassment women face when they're on their period is blood stains on mattresses. To avoid that, place a thick towel under your bed sheet where you sleep, so it can soak the blood up; it will save you the hassle of washing or cleaning your mattress.
10. The best way to sleep when your period is on your side, never on back!
11. So what if you’re out with friends and you just got your period and you don’t have a pad? Just run to the nearest bathroom, and place several layers of tissue paper in your panties, it should secure you until you get home.
12. There are so many Apps nowadays that can help you track your period, so you can always be prepared.
13. To avoid mood swings and depression when you’re on your period, load on chocolates, nuts, berries, and bananas.
14. If you feel stressed from your period, then light on a lavender candle light before you go to bed, just to relax!
15. Drink water as much as you want, water reduces the bloating that happens during the period.
Our Living section is a woman's best friend. See for yourself and get a little bit of everything!
Have You Read These?