Here's the recipe for your favorite Lebanese dipping sauce... Thomeya manages to add a great taste to several Middle Eastern dishes. From shawerma to fatteh, the thomeya dip is just a delightful creamy sauce that will complement your dining experience.
1. Garlic Sauce with Starch
- 3 tbsps of starch
- 3/4 cup of water
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 4 tbsps of vegetable oil
- 1 tsp of lemon juice
- ½ tsp of salt
1. In a saucepan, combine ¾ cup of water and 3 tablespoons of starch over low heat, stirring continuously until the mixture thickens and becomes dense without lumps. Set it aside to cool.
2. Crush the garlic cloves finely in a blender along with a tablespoon of lemon juice and salt.
3. Add the starch mixture to the blender with the garlic and lemon.
4. Continue blending and gradually add the vegetable oil until the texture becomes creamy and white.
2. Garlic Sauce with Yogurt and Mayonnaise
- 5 garlic cloves.
- 1 cup of plain yogurt.
- Three tbsps. of mayonnaise.
- Salt to taste.
- 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
1. Mix the mayonnaise and yogurt together thoroughly until it becomes creamy.
2. Crush the garlic and salt until they are very smooth.
3. Add the garlic, salt, and vegetable oil to the yogurt and mayonnaise mixture, and stir well.
3. Garlic Sauce with Yogurt (Without Mayonnaise)
- 8 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 2 tsps yogurt
- 1 tsp salt
- A pinch of sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. In a bowl, mash the garlic thoroughly.
2. Add the milk and stir, then add the vegetable oil and mix well.
3. Add the lemon juice, vinegar, salt, sugar, and yogurt, and stir.
4. Garlic Sauce Recipe With Eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 egg white
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
1. In a saucepan over medium to low heat, add water and the egg white. Stir the mixture on the heat until it boils.
2. Pour the egg mixture into an electric blender.
3. Add the minced garlic, salt, and lemon juice. Blend the ingredients in the blender for about 30 seconds until they are well combined.
4. Gradually add the oil while continuing to blend until you obtain a thick garlic mixture.
5. Let the mixture cool, then serve it on your table. Apply these effective methods to enjoy the benefits of garlic.
5. Garlic Sauce with Potatoes
- Medium sized boiled potato
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup whole milk yoghurt
- 1/4 Cup vegetable oil
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon water
1. In a blender, mix oil, garlic, potato, and garlic. Leave them to blend well for three minutes.
2. Add salt and yoghurt to the blender and mix again.
3. Switch to a slower blending speed, then pour in the lemon juice.
4. For a lighter mixture, add one tablespoon of water.
5. Taste it and add salt or a pinch of lemon if needed.