September 14, 2016 | by Dalia Hosny
Eight Reasons Why Your Nails Don't Grow
Yes, there are so many reasons why your nail don't grow that you really don't know about. Several factors can truly hinder the growth of your nails, from your daily lifestyle to how and what you eat. If you have been complaining about brittle and weak nails, then your first step to treating this problem is knowing the eight reasons why your nails don't grow...
1. A balanced diet is the key to making your nails grow faster. Eating the right types of food will not only make your nails grow faster, but also will strengthen your nails and prevent them from breakage.
2. In order to make your nails grow faster, you should instantly stop biting your nails because it's one of the main causes that can damage your nails.
3. You should also switch the nail polish remover you're using if it's high in chemicals or has too much acetone in it. Nail polish remover with higher acetone levels can dry out your nails and cuticles, leaving them more prone to breakage.
4. Just like your hair, you should also consider giving your nails a break. No matter how much we all love nail polish, too much nail polish can leave your nails chipped and they may even change in color. Enjoy your natural looking nails at least one or two days per week.
5. Think twice before buying nail polish, because bad quality nail polish can hinder the growth of your nails greatly. What you don't know, is there are some hidden harmful substances induced in this little bottle of nail polish you have a crush on. Make sure to go for nail polish that has vitamins in it.
6. Did you know that not moisturizing your nails and cuticles is a reason why your nails don't grow properly? Make sure to stick to applying any natural oil on your cuticles before you go to bed every day, to keep them healthy and moisturized.
7. Since cleaning dishes is probably a daily routine you engage yourself in, you may need to change the way you do it, in order to keep your nails healthy. Not only do you have to wear plastic gloves while washing the dishes, but you shall also apply Vaseline or a highly efficient moisturizer right after you finish, to strengthen your nails.
8. Using a nail file the wrong way is one of the most common reasons why your nails don't grow. If you file your nails a bit too often, or use a nail file that's too harsh, then you're truly damaging your nails. Always remember that balancing is the key.
Photo Credits: Zwierciadlo.pl
You'll find everything you need to know to make your nails look pretty in our Nails section here.