April 10, 2014 12:00 AM | by Nancy Hennes
Homemade Hair Masks for Treating Split Ends
You've probably heard it a thousand times that split ends cannot be treated and the only way to get rid of it is by trimming your hair. But what if there is a way to get rid of those dry split ends without cutting your hair? Here are a couple of homemade hair masks for treating split ends with an added bonus of silky smooth hair.
Avocados and oils mask:
1. Warm up 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and 2 tablespoons of coconut oil.
2. Mash 1 ripe avocado and mix it well with the warm oils until it becomes more creamy.
3. Apply the mixture on your hair from the middle down and make sure to avoid the roots.
4. Pull your hair up into a bun and wear a shower cap over it then cover it with a towel for additional warmth.
5. Leave the paste on your hair for about half an hour then wash your hair as you usually do and you'll be surprised by the immediate results of shiny smooth hair and your split ends will be less prominent.
Egg yolk, honey and olive oil mask:
1. Bring 1 egg yolk, 1 tablespoon of honey and 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and mix them well.
2. Spread the mixture on your hair evenly but stay away from your scalp.
3. Leave it to sit for almost a full hour.
4. Wash and condition your hair thoroughly.
5. Repeat this mask once every two weeks for hair free of split ends with a silky texture.