Many women prefer to shave their body hair as opposed to using other hair removal methods, such as waxing or sugaring. If you want to find out more about the shaving hair removal methods, you need to read this guide that will help you shave your body hair flawlessly.
The secret to enjoying silky smooth skin is knowing the correct techniques and methods for shaving. Below are some amazing tips you will surely need to know before your next shave, so keep reading.
How to Survive Underboob Sweat This Summer?
1. For the best body hair shaving results, make sure you exfoliate your skin before starting the shaving process. What does exfoliating your skin do? Exfoliating removes your dead skin cells, hence resulting in smooth skin after you shave. Use a body scrub and a brush or a loofah to exfoliate your skin. You can also create a home-made scrub, using natural ingredients.
2. To always get a perfect shave, you need to get rid of ingrown hairs. By regularly dry brushing your skin (once or twice a week), you can easily prevent ingrown hairs and that will result in a smoother skin after you shave your body hair.
3. Your choice of the razor is super important! Always go for a high quality razor and try to pick one that includes a moisture strip.
4. A razor is meant to be disposable, so make sure to throw away your razor after 3 to 5 uses. Some razors have a colored line that fades after a few uses, which indicates that it’s time to throw it away.
9 Different Ways to Deal with Foot Odor and How to Control It
5. Never ever shave your body hair on bare skin. It's very important to apply a shaving cream or any other alternative because your skin will need the hydration. If you shave your body without moisturizing or wetting it first, you’ll have the worst skin irritation.
6. If you've run out of shaving cream, you can use hair conditioner instead. It's not preferable to use soap as it doesn't offer the moisture that your skin needs.
7. The best time to shave your body hair is when your skin is wet or damp. That's why it's recommended to shave while/after you're taking a shower. Warm water actually helps weaken the hair strands, resulting in a better shaving process.
8. Don't know the best way to shave your body hair? Always go against the hair growth direction; downwards to upwards. So, start from the ankles, and then go all the way up to your knees and thighs.
Let’s Have a Look at 10 of The Best Deodorants on The Market Today
9. A useful tip to consider when you're shaving underarms is to move the razor in different directions. That way, you can cover all angles for a flawless result.
10. When you're using a new razor blade, always be careful and go for even strokes applying gentle pressure on your skin. This can help you avoid any nicks or cuts while shaving your body hair.
11. Did you know that it's better to shave your body hair before you head to sleep? This will give your skin an amount of time to heal, as shaving makes it a bit vulnerable to the outer environment.
12. This goes without saying, but never shave an irritated skin! If you have any allergies, rashes, or unhealed wounds, steer away from shaving your body hair.
13. Moisturizing your skin after shaving is super important. Wait a while, and then apply an alcohol-free moisturizer. You can also use coconut oil or shea butter as an after-shave balm.
14. As much as possible, try to avoid shaving over the same area more than once. That way, you avoid skin irritation and redness.
15. If you shave your pubic hair, make sure to assign a certain razor for that purpose. Before you shave your pubic hair, make sure to trim it first using scissors. It is not recommended to shave long, thick hair as the results won’t be satisfying and it will take you forever to shave it.
16. After you finish shaving your body hair, make sure to dry your razor very well, cover it, and store in a dry place for your next use.
17. Make sure you close your pores. The warm water of a shower opens skin pores, so after you shave, thoroughly rinse with warm water to remove any foam traces. Then rinse with cold water to ensure that your pores are closed. You can apply a hydrating moisturizer after drying off to prevent your skin from drying. If you use self-tanning lotion, this is the time to apply it.
18. Protect your skin from the sun. Use sunscreen at all times, not just when head to the pool or beach. After shaving your body, your skin becomes more sensitive and the damaging rays of the sun can cause more damage.
Main Image Credits: Instagram @taramilktea