"What plans do you have on Christmas night?" There's nothing sad or embarrassing about not having an answer to that question. It's time to know that spending Christmas night alone is okay and it's also okay to want to spend Christmas alone. But, if you're confused about what to do on Christmas night, here are tips for spending Christmas alone...
1. You have the absolute freedom and choice to do whatever makes you happy!
Being alone means that you have the choice to do whatever will suit you. Be happy for the fact that you will do what whatever makes you 100% comfortable with no external pressure affecting your mood and choices. In other words, the struggles that usually occur in every gathering whether concerning what to eat or which movie to watch won't just be there! Excited enough? What are you waiting for! Grab a pen and paper and write down your plans for that night!
2. Prepare yourself a perfect cosy night in..
This will help you get over the idea that it's so sad spending such a night alone. So here's what you can do:
- Cook something delicious for yourself.
- Or order your favorite take out food.
- Watch your favorite Christmas movie or just a movie.
- Make a tasty warm drink or grab a colorful bowl and fill it with caramel popcorn.
- Enjoy the above as you read a book that you bought months ago but never got around to reading.
- You can even light some scented candles, or even do them yourself!
3. If you don't want to stay home, you can still blast it like this!
- Why not reserve a table at a restaurant with a view or even at a place with rustic, Christmas-y vibes?
- Put on a great festive outfit and wear the red lipstick you've been saving for a special occasion.
- Hang out on your own and try a new cuisine.
- Feeling that you could actually enjoy your own company is an achievement so you deserve to pamper yourself, don't wait for someone to join you.
- I mean, why not finish your meal and have a solo walk on the streets you've never been to before.
4. Take it to the next level, and go on a mini solo trip
Whether locally or abroad, pack and go on a Christmas trip to a destination that will detach you from the daily stresses. If you still have concerns about which country you will be safe travelling to, we already tackled that matter in a previous article. You can check it and book your flight afterwards! Grab this chance, and I promise it would be something your future self would surely thank you for.
5. Your deserve to buy yourself a gift!
Why not reward and pamper yourself a bit? If your savings won't make it to a trip budget, head to the nearest store and buy that one thing you've been wishing for the past months. Believe me, this will boost your mood!
Main image credits: Instagram @inthefrow