With Christmas just around the corner it’s time to fill up on some Christmassy treats. With these six easy steps, get ready to make some colorfully decorated ginger bread cookies. Not only do the gingerbread cookies look jolly, they are quite delicious and prepared by Chef Georges Bouabjian.
125 g Soft Butter
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 cup Molasses
2 1/2 cup Flour
1 tbsp Ginger
1 Egg Yolk
1 tsp Mix Spice
1 tsp Baking Soda
4 1/2 cup Sugar
3 Egg Whites
1. Using a whisk combine all ingredients (except sugar and egg whites) until forming a dough. Refrigerate for 3 hours.
2. Place the dough on lightly floured work surface and roll it out 0.3 cm thick, being sure it does not stick to the surface.
3. Using cookie cutters, cut out the cookies and transfer to non-stick sheets, placing them 2 cm apart.
4. Bake the cookies at 180 degrees Celsius until the edges are set and crisp.
5. For the icing, beat the egg whites and sugar until stiff and shiny (a color could also be added).
6. Using a rubber spatula, scoop the icing into a pipping bag and decorate the cookies according to your taste.