I think it started off with her wedding look. After that, the simple undone hairstyle under her veil became her signature look and now everyone is influenced by the Meghan Markle messy bun look. The beauty of it is in it's simplicity, looking like it's been thrown back in a second. We're gonna get to how you can get it in a second, but first let's talk about the other trend we've noticed this year.
On the runway, it was apparent that the top knot is very much trending but in a more slicked back, sophisticated knot. I personally can't decide which I prefer but that's the beauty of fashion, there's something for every mood. If you don't have long bangs like Meghan, the sleek bun could be the more comfortable option for you and you'd be still getting a good dose of the bun trend.
Image Credits: Matteo Valle via Elle
So, here's how to do the Meghan Markle messy bun:
1. Spray your, preferably, 2nd day hair with a nice texturizing hair spray after doing a middle part.
2. Tie your hair in a low pony tail and make sure it's not too tightly tied.
3. Pull out a few hair strands or bangs in the front.
4. Twist your pony tail and bring it up in a loose bun, fixing it with bobby pins or loose tie, making sure you leave some of the ends out.
5. Loosen up the hair at the crown of your head.
6. Perfect the hair strands in the front by styling with a straighter or curling iron.