Nail care doesn't mean you have to abide by boring routines or buy pricey cosmetics. On the contrary, it is possible to have some natural, affordable and simple ingredients do the whole job. Many natural products -especially oils- are actually full of benefits for our nails. No matter how famous the brand you may be using, artificial beauty products always leave us in doubt since you're never sure whether they contain harmful chemicals or not. And because we all face nail problems such as yellowing and weakness, here is a list of 100% natural ingredients that will restore your nails health and strength.
1. Yellow nails
When your nails turn yellow, it's hard not to try to cover this discoloration with a nail polish. However, this makes things worse. Well, from my experience, I'd like to recommend you these recipes. Try any of them and watch the magic happen:
a. Vinegar and lemon
To get rid of the yellow tint that may annoyingly appear on your nails, immerse your nails in a bowl filled with lukewarm water with a few drops of vinegar or lemon juice for 10 minutes -or until you notice the disappearance of the color completely. You can also rub your nails with a slice of lemon daily to get more effective results.
b. Sodium Bicarbonate and lemon juice
- Mix two tablespoons of baking soda with a teaspoon of lemon juice until a paste is formed.
- Wrap each nail with a coat of this mixture, and leave it for a few minutes then wash it off.
2. Weak nails
The problem of nail chipping caused by weakness is the second most common problem that we all face with our fingernails. To resolve this, you can try one of the following recipes:
a. Olive oil recipe
- Soak your fingernails in a bowel of olive oil for 20 minutes.
- Rinse your hands thoroughly then dry them.
- Repeat these steps three times a week, and you will notice the difference.
b. Apple cider vinegar and tea tree oil
- This time, soak your nails in a bowel of apple cider vinegar for 20 minutes.
- Rinse and dry well.
After drying your hands, polish your nails with tea tree oil.
3. The 'my nails grow too slow' struggle
Some girls suffer from non-growing nails, which makes them start medical treatment. But if you really want it, why not try the following recipes before you consider taking any prescribed drugs?
a. Apple cider vinegar and egg yolk
- Mix three tablespoons of olive oil with three tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, then add egg yolk to them.
- Put the mixture in the refrigerator until it turns creamy.
- Use the mixture to paint your nails daily using a cotton pad. Make sure to leave it on your nails for 10 minutes before washing your hands very well.
b. Tea tree oil and vitamin E
- Add a few drops of tea tree oil to a capsule of vitamin E in a bowl, and mix well.
- Apply the mixture to your nails and rub it for 30 minutes.
- Wash your hands thoroughly and then dry.
It is recommended to repeat this process daily.
4. Excess skin around the nails
Occasionally, there is some excess skin that may grow around the nails. This, too, has a natural solution.
- Linseed oil
- Gently massage your nails and the surrounding skin with a fair amount of linseed oil.
- Wear gloves and go to sleep leaving the oil on your nails overnight.
- Wash your hands well in the morning, and you will notice that the skin surrounding your nails has become moist, which will help you remove it and prevent it from reappearing.
Main image credits: .www.groupon.com