Accessoriestranslation is not available
Enjoy Your Workout With The Right Set of Suitable Headphones
Most of us like to listen to music while working out, right? But honestly, how many times did your headphones fall off while performing jumping jacks? And isn’t it frustrating when you have to unplug your headphones to answer calls just because they don’t have a mic? It can be really difficult to choose the right headphones for your workout because there are so many options available on the market. In this article, we'll discuss four distinct types of workout headphones and weigh the advantages and drawbacks of using each while doing certain activities.
Feeling Stiff and Tense? Check These 15 Flexibility Exercises to Make Your Life Easier!
It's crucial to keep in mind that different pairs of headphones on the market will vary significantly in terms of quality, cost, and performance within each of the headphone categories described.
Throughout this article, we'll explore headphones objectively from a general standpoint and then go over some of their best uses for workouts particularly.
1- In-Ear Headphones
When you think of your typical corded headset, in-ear headphones are precisely what you picture: they stay put in your ear. Although no two in-ear headphones are exactly the same, especially since they’re available in a variety of sizes and shapes, they always share the in-ear canal bud structure. These headphones usually feature rubber inserts (or occasionally foam) on the ear end and fit into the ear canal directly. The types of in-ear headphones available are corded and wireless.
Squat Alternatives for People with Bad Knees or Hips
In our humble opinion, and we think that you’ll agree with us, corded headphones are old news. They’re the most impractical headphones to use while working out because the cord will slow you down and make it hard for you to move and exercise freely. However, in-ear wireless headphones are practical for almost all sorts of exercises as they’ll stick into your ears and won’t fall off. You can easily answer calls as well while you’re working out.
- Have more compact designs.
- Easily transportable.
- There are many affordable options.
- Pretty good at staying in the ear while performing different activities.
- A wide variety of designs.
- Depending on how they were built, they can break down a little faster.
- Easy to lose in workout bags.
- More vulnerability to connectivity problems than on-ear and over-ear models.
- For certain users with delicate ears, uncomfortable.
While earbuds and in-ear headphones are pretty similar, earbuds differ slightly in that they rely on the shape of the outer ear to keep the buds in the ear. They rarely contain rubber or foam padding and are actually not made to fit within the ear canal. An excellent illustration is the commonplace white Apple Earpods. These headphones are available in a variety of colors, styles, and sizes, both corded and wireless.
Looking for Ways to Style Your Tote Bags? Here Are Some Simple Styling Hacks!
When it comes to working out, earbuds may not be your best option, especially if your workout session includes a lot of jumps and active movements. Your earbuds can easily fall off and we don’t want that to happen, do we? Nonetheless, if you have earbuds, make sure to wear them during low-intensity exercises, such as yoga, walking on the treadmill or the elliptical machine.
- Lightweight and transportable.
- Numerous affordable options.
- When performing vigorous, jumping exercises, they can fall out more easily.
- More prone than on-ear and over-ear models to connectivity problems
3- On-Ear Headphones
On-ear headphones are precisely what their name implies—they sit on top of the ears. These headphones will feature a band that hangs over the top of the head and larger earphones that don't always completely cover the ear. Despite the fact that some of these headphones can completely cover your ear, unless they have an over-ear concave characteristic, they are considered on-ear headphones.
- Generally, pretty strong connectivity (for most models).
- Can be very loud, and the sound quality is usually acceptable.
- Typically, strong and durable on the head for most exercises.
- Expensive at times.
- Not always designed for work out.
- Not the best for exercises that rely on long runs and jumps.
- Can be painful for ears and heads of specific sizes.
4- Over-Ear Headphones
In order to deliver high-quality sound, over-ear headphones are designed to completely enclose the ear. These headphones are frequently referred to as "noise canceling," as they are excellent at reducing outside noise so you can enjoy the best possible sound.
Both on-ear and over-ear headphones are excellent for working out because they stay on the head and are unlikely to fall off. However, your choice of headphones depends on the workout type you’re doing. If, for example, you will perform cardio exercises in which you’ll need to rest your head on the side, we don’t recommend them. Moreover, over-ear headphones provide noise cancelation, so if you need to disconnect from the surroundings, focus on your workout, and enjoy the beat, they’ll be your best friend.
- The most effective sound quality and noise levels for headphones.
- Decent connectivity between several models.
- Remain quite stable on your head.
- When running outside or in noisy gyms, it can be difficult to hear your surroundings.
- Frequently not the best or actually made for exercising.
- The material used for headphones is occasionally not sweat-resistant or workout-friendly.
- Not always the most affordable.
Headphones vary greatly in design, shape, model, and price. Choosing one for your workout isn’t easy, so, hopefully, this guide will help you make the right choice. Tell us which headphones are your favorite and why.
Main image credit: @ellena_fit
translation is not available
translation is not available
Growing up, I've always wanted to become so many things: a fashion designer, painter, singer, actress, and anything that revolves around art. It wasn't until I watched "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days" that I realized that writing is the one thing that will enable me to write about all sorts of things and all types of art. Writing is one of the dearest things to my heart as it expresses who I am and what I stand for. My wardrobe is pink inked, fashion is my passion, beauty is my duty, and cats are my best furr-iends❤️
translation is not available