December 29, 2014 12:00 AM | by Dalia Hosny
Seven New Year's Resolutions People Tend to Break
Truth be told, there are always some common New Year's resolutions people tend to break. Let me just say this, if the New Year's resolutions you set have been the same for at least the past two years, then you should really do something about it. Because J.K Rowling once said "Understanding is the first step to acceptance, and only with acceptance can there be recovery." I will point out for you the seven New Year's resolutions people tend to break, to hopefully help you stick to your own resolutions next year.
1. Most people say they want to get fit and exercise more, but this New Year's resolution is often broken, because it only lasts for almost a month, if not less. This year, make sure to pay your gym fees on monthly a basis only, so you're more motivated to go.
2. How many times have you ever said you want to quit smoking? This is by far the most common New Year's resolution people tend to break.
3. Everyone almost wants to save more money but never actually does. In order for you to keep a good eye on your bank account, make sure to set reasonable budgets for your monthly expenses and just stick to them.
4. Travel, travel and travel. Most people say they want to travel, but they never really do something about it. For a change, make sure to visit at least one new country every year.
5. Learning a new language is something people tend to never really tick it off their list. A new language will not only enrich your vocabulary skills, but if you learn it along with your best friend you can joke around and no one will get it!
6. Reading more books is a life-changing thing to do. If you really want this New Year's resolution to stick for a longer time, make sure to set a number of books to read per year.
7. Waking up early is a New Year's resolution I tend to set for myself almost every year. I admit, it's so hard to really stick to this one. However, if you manage to cut down the time you spend watching TV or stalking people on Facebook or Instagram, you will manage to break the habit of sleeping late.
Our Living section is a woman's best friend. See for yourself and get a little bit of everything!
Have You Read These?A Quick Chat with Shoe Designer Amina Abdul Jillil