When there are only two main meals served during Ramadan Iftaar and Suhoor, a piece of toast isn't going to cut it; we need something to fill us up and keep us from getting hungry throughout the day. The goal is to eat something filling and nutritious that will keep you energized. Perhaps something sweet as well? Here are 20 suhoor recipes for every day of Ramadan.
13 Non-traditional Dishes to Serve at Your Suhoor Gathering!
1. Watermelon and halloumi salad
Watermelon is a juicy fruit and a great way to hydrate your body while you are fasting. Combine it with white halloumi cheese as a source of calcium.
- 2 slices of halloumi cheese
- 1 cucumber (optional)
- ½ cup of cherry tomatoes
1. Grill the halloumi cheese
2. Cut the watermelon cucumber, and cherry tomatoes, then mix them with the halloumi cheese.
2. Peanut butter and banana
Peanut butter is an excellent source of protein, and it’s filled with healthy fat, which has a satiating effect. Bananas also will help decrease those mid-morning cravings, and you will feel full.
- 2 slices of whole grain bread
- 1 banana (sliced)
- 2 tbsp of peanut butter
1. Spread the peanut butter on the bread
2. put the sliced bananas on top
Note: you can add some honey if you like
3. Fruit smoothie
Not all smoothies are alike. Choose fruits that don't contain a high amount of sugar, so you won't feel hungry. This recommended smoothie is rich in omega 3, fiber, and protein all in one go, and it will keep your blood sugar balanced.
- 1 Tbsp. of chia seeds
- 1 cup of yogurt
- ½ cup of seedless grapes
- ½ cup of ice cubes
Blend all the ingredients together and your smoothie is ready for suhoor.
4. Quinoa porridge
5. Frozen yogurt parfait with granola and berries
Frozen yogurt is your answer for suhoor and takes just a few minutes to prepare in a bowl. Make sure to select satiating fruits such as berries and granola.
6. Tomatoes and Sunny-side-up Eggs
A sunny-side-up egg with tomatoes is a great Suhoor meal; it will keep you full all day and is very simple to prepare. You can eat whatever bread you want next to it.
Image Credits: Pinterest
-Season with salt and pepper
-1 Red Pepper
1. Peel and cut the tomatoes into small cubes.
2. In a frying pan over medium heat, season the tomatoes with salt, black pepper, and red pepper.
3. Keep the mixture on the fire until it becomes slightly colored.
4. Cover the pan and leave it on heat until the eggs are cooked.
7. Traditional Shakshuka
Shakshuka is one of the most delicious and best Suhoor. It's simple and quick, and the flavor is delicious and unique.
Image Credits: Olive Magazine
-1 green pepper (cut into cubes)
-4 Tomatoes (cut into cubes)
-1 onion (chopped)
-a quarter teaspoon of salt
-A pinch of cumin
-2 tbsp. vegetable oil
1. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat and cook the green pepper and onion until softened.
2. Add the eggs, tomatoes, and cumin and cook until the eggs are set.
3. Serve with toasted bread and olive oil.
8. Chicken Avocado Wrap
If you're looking for a light recipe to make for Suhoor, try the chicken sandwich with avocados; the whole family will love it!
Image Credits: Closet Cooking
-500 g Chicken breast (filet slices)
-A quarter cup half a teaspoon of garlic powder
-Half a teaspoon of salt
-1/3 cup green coriander (fresh and chopped)
-1 onion (small / chopped)
-A cup and a half of Cherry tomatoes (chopped in halves)
-1 avocado (peeled and diced)
-1 cup ready-made ranch dressing
-Three-quarters of a cup of Cheddar cheese (grated)
-5 Tortilla bread
1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place the chicken in the oven and season with lemon juice, salt, garlic powder, coriander, and onion.
3. Place the dish in the oven for 30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked, then 4. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
5. Mix tomatoes, avocado, and cheese.
6. After chopping the chicken, Mix the grilled chicken with the ranch sauce.
7. Divide the chicken mixture, avocado mixture, cheese, and tomatoes among the tortilla bread.
8. Roll up the bread and serve sandwiches with a salad plate.
How to Fix Your Sleep Pattern in Ramadan without Skipping Suhoor
9. Tuna Sandwich With Cheese and Vegetables
Image Credits: Yellow Bliss Road
-2 tuna cans (large / canned)
-1 can of corn
-1 carrot cup (grated)
-A pinch of salt
-1 sprig of Lettuce (small size)
-6 tbsp. mayonnaise
-5 slices of bread (for sandwiches)
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the tuna and mayonnaise.
2. Without stirring the mixture, add the shredded carrots and finely chopped lettuce.
3. Spread the ingredients on the bread after you've added the corn.
4. Toast the bread in the toaster and serve the sandwiches warm.
10. Sandwich With Mushrooms, Cheese, and Onions
This is a great idea for mushroom lovers, and it's so delicious that you'll probably eat it more often than you think.
Image Credits: Pinterest
-2 cups Mushrooms (fresh, sliced)
-1 cup Cheddar cheese (grated)
-1 Onion (chopped)
-Green Onion (chopped)
- 1 tbsp. butter
-1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
-1/4 tsp. Black pepper
-8 slices of Toast bread
1. Melt the butter and oil in a skillet over medium heat.
2. Cook for 5 minutes, or until the onions and mushrooms have turned brown.
3. Stir in the salt, black pepper, and green onions.
4. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the cheddar cheese until it melts.
5. Spread the filling on the toast, then grill it and serve it hot with a plate of salad.
Why You Should Never Skip Eating Yogurt for Suhoor?
11. Falafel Wraps
Falafel is a must-have in Suhoor, but you can try it in a new way!
Image Credits: Health Nut Nutrition
-1 large tortilla wrap with whole wheat
-2 to 3 tablespoons red pepper hummus
-½ cup arugula
-2 slices of tomatoes cut in half
-⅛ red onion thinly sliced
-4 to 5 premade falafels
-1 to 2 tablespoons tahini
-1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
1. Top the tortilla wrap with the hummus.
2. Put on top an arugula, tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, and falafels.
3. Drizzle with tahini, then garnish with sesame seeds and tahini.
4. Slice in half and serve!
12. An Omelet With Cherry Tomatoes and Avocado
It is not your typical omelet, but one that you will undoubtedly enjoy.
13. Grated Egg Avocado Toast
This is a TikTok recipe that many people have tried and loved, so give it a shot.
Image Credits: Healthy Nut Nutrition
-2 peeled and cooled hard-boiled eggs
-2 loaves of bread
-1 ripe avocado
-Extra virgin olive oil
-Season with salt and black pepper
-Top with grated cheese. (Optional)
1. Boil your eggs and place them in the refrigerator to cool while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
2. Toast two slices of bread and spread mashed avocado on top.
3. Season with salt and pepper, then top with grated boiled eggs.
4. To finish, garnish with a little olive oil and grate some cheese on top.
Your Ultimate Ramadan Survival Guide
14. Foul Medames
Your suhoor will not be complete without the traditional Foul Medames. You can season it however you want, and it goes well with eggs and, of course, bread.
15. A Simple Suhoor of Sunny-side-up Eggs
If you don't have the best cooking skills, like me, or if you want something quick to eat, go for simple sunny-side-up eggs.
Image Credits: Instagram @symmetrybreakfast
-1 tsp olive oil
-2 large eggs
-Toast, for serving, (optional)
-Season with salt and pepper
1. Heat the oil in a medium nonstick skillet over low heat for 5 minutes, or until it is a little shimmering.
2. Crack an egg into a bowl and slowly pour it into the skillet; do the same with the other egg, but this time on the opposite side of the skillet.
3. Cook, covered with a tight lid, for 2 to 2 1/2 minutes, or until the whites are completely set but the yolks are still runny.
4. Remove the eggs from the skillet and place them on a plate or toast. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
16. Oatmeal Pancakes
Oatmeal pancakes with a side of fruit such as bananas can be a tasty suhoor meal that will also keep you full.
17. Spinach-Feta Wrap
If you're looking for egg-free suhoor ideas, a spinach and feta wrap is a great option that will keep you full and not hungry the next day, and it will also work with eggs.
Image Credits: One Balance Life
-1 7-inch whole-wheat tortilla
-1/4 cup sliced mushrooms
-1/4 teaspoon black pepper
-2 cups fresh spinach
-1 large egg, plus 1 egg white, lightly whisked
-2 tbsp. low-fat crumbled feta cheese
-1 tbsp sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
1. Place the tortilla on a microwave-safe plate and microwave on high for 1 minute.
2. Spray a small skillet with cooking spray and heat it on medium heat.
3. Cook for two minutes, stirring occasionally, with the mushrooms and pepper.
4. Cook for one to two minutes, or until the spinach turns brown.
5. Cook for about two minutes, or until the eggs are set.
6. Place the egg scramble in the center of the tortilla, then top with the crumbled feta and sun-dried tomatoes.
7. To wrap, fold one end first, then both sides.
Sally Fouad's Guide to Easily Lose Weight During Ramadan!
18. Healthy shakshuka
19. Zucchini Noodle Egg Nests
I've always seen a picture like the one in the image below, but I had no idea what it was. Now I do, and it's on my list of things to try!
Image Credits: One Balanced Life
Red pepper flakes
1. Heat a cast-iron skillet with a little avocado oil and toss in zucchini noodles.
2. Once the noodles are warm, make small nests with a small hole in the center.
3. Crack an egg into the center and place the lid over the pan to allow the eggs to cook.
4. Once the whites have cooked through, scoop them out of the pan.
5. Serve with red pepper flakes, fresh dill, and avocado on the side.
20. Halloumi wrap recipe
I hope these Suhoor recipe ideas helped you decide what to eat on a daily basis! Don't forget to have a cup of tea with your meal!