We're still on the topic of skin in your twenties. We talked last week about dealing with dull skin from ages 20-24, and we also addressed some of the most common skin problems in the twenties. Today we're focusing on one of those problems and that is blind pimples.
So, if you suffer from this skin problem, then let's learn about what causes blind pimples and how to treat blind pimples properly....
What are blind pimples?
Blind pimples are common for girls in their twenties. They are pimples or acne that is developed and often stays under the skin's surface. It feels like a small lump and is usually painful. It can come on different parts of the body like the shoulders and back, not just the face.
What causes blind pimples in your twenties?
In fact, there are not a lot of obvious causes for blind pimples. They are not always as a result of neglect of skin mistakes...
In our twenties a lot of us go through a lot of hormonal imbalances, which can cause the glands in our skin to be extremely sensitive. And as a result of that, they start to release a large amount of oils that rise to the surface of the skin through our pores. A lot of the time, the oils find themselves blocked and unable to pass through because of clogged pores. The pores are usually blocked because of dirt or dead skin accumulation. And so, you start getting blind pimples and acne.
Do the blind pimples leave scars like acne does?
Fortunately, even though they're very painful, blind pimples don't leave scars behind, unless you pop it or hurt it of course. Dermatologists say that it can often go away on its own after a few months.
How to treat blind pimples in your twenties?
If you're wondering how you can deal with blind pimples without hurting your skin, these few simple methods and tricks might help you out...
1. Ice Cubes for treating blind pimples
If your blind pimples are causing your skin irritation, redness and swelling, follow these steps...
1. Wash your face really well and gently pat it dry.
2. Place some ice cubes in a plastic bag.
3. Place the plastic bag over the area with pimples for around 5 minutes. Take a break and then repeat again.
2. Hot water compresses for the treating blind pimples
If you want the pimples to come out onto the surface of the skin, this is a good method to try.
1. Dip a cotton pad, clean cloth or towel in warm water.
2. Place it on the affected area for 15 minutes.
Repeat this 3-4 times a day, for better results.
3. Tea Tree Oil for treating blind pimples
Tea tree oil is known to be very effective in treating bacteria, which is behind the skin's production of pimples and acne. So you can use it to clear skin and prevent the spread of future breakouts.
4. Salicylic acid for treating blind pimples
Salicylic acid is great for exfoliation and removing dead skin cells. It clears and opens the pores, therefore, allowing for the pimples to come out and eventually go away. It will really help if you use it regularly.
Retinoid is usually generally used to treat any pimples in most of their types and forms...
1. Wash your face well with your favorite cleanser, and then pat it dry.
2. Apply a small amount of your retinoid product on the face and distribute it well.
3. Don't leave it on for more that half an hour.
4. Now wash your face well.
Note: It is preferable not to expose your skin to the sun after using retinoid and sunscreen is a must!
6. AHAs or Alpha Hydroxy Acids
Products with AHAs exfoliate the skin, removing dead skin cells and therefore opening pores. They make fit easier for the pimples to leave the surface and get treated.
Note: Don't use an AHA products more than twice a week.
How to prevent blind pimples?
1. Always wash your face twice a day.
2. Avoid excessive exfoliation or any scrubs. Exfoliation once or twice a week is enough.
3. Wash your pillow regularly to avoid transmitting any of the bacteria on the face.