October 27, 2019 05:41 PM | by Mai Atef
8 Ice Cube Benefits for Your Face and the Ice Cube Tray Remedies to Try!
Having great skin is something a lot of us strive for everyday, trying out beauty products and natural skincare remedies to achieve our 'skin goals'. The truth is great skin is something you have to constantly work on, and there is no magical products that will solve all your issues permanently.
However, among the natural skincare treatments that you can do for your face regulary to help with any skin problems you have, is actually using something as simple as ice cubes! there are many ice cube benefits for the face and the homemade skincare ice cube remedies below will help you kick it off...
1. Ice Cube Benefits for Glowing Skin
You can use ice cubes to gently massage your skin regularly. This really helps give the skin that amazing glow because ice is an amazing natural way to stimulate blood circulation on the face. It narrows the blood vessels on the areas you applied it and that allows the body to pump more blood, therefore you end up getting really nice, plump, fresh skin.
2. Ice Cube Benefits for the Eye Area
When you start using ice cubes as a part of your routine, at least weekly, you might start to see results and specifically around the eye area. Ice can help minimize the appearance of dark circles, along with sleeping well of course. It is also magnificent for when your eyes are really puffy. You can use ice around the eye area on it's own, or you can try green tea ice cubes. Like everything else, skin problems take time, but they need consistency and time.
3. Ice Cube Benefits for Acne
If you have acne, ice cubes are great to help with any pain you might have from stubborn big pimples. It also reduces the swelling. We get pimples as a result of many things, among them the skin's release of a lot of oils. Ice helps reduce that oiliness and therefore, potentially reducing acne.
4. Ice Cube Benefits for Minimizing Pores
One of the most common and most annoying skin problems for a lot of women is enlarged pores. Fortunately, one of ice's best qualities is helping you minimize pores. That's why it's best to make sure you exfoliate and clean the skin well from impurities before slightly closing up the pores with ice.
5. Ice Cube Benefits for Anti-aging
There are a few natural skin care products, which can already help you fight wrinkles. However, you can also try ice cubes because they tighten the skin and reduce the appearance of wrinkles. But you need to do this consistently to make sure your skin starts to look firmer.
6. Ice Cube Benefits for Sunburn
Applying ice cubes on your skin is one of the well known ways that every girl always resorts to when she gets sunburnt, that and Aloe Vera of course. The ice really soothes the skin easily.
7. Ice Cube Benefits for Oily Skin
One of the most common oily skin problems is having you skin look overly shiny because of the release of a large amount of oils. But as mentioned above, ice cubes help reduce the secretion of excess oils, so it is one of the great ways to balance oily skin.
8. Ice Cube Benefits for Pre-Makeup Application
Ice is a great solution to many skin problems. A lot girls use primer to perfect their base makeup, but you can actually use ice cubes to help with that as well. It helps minimize the appearance of pores and reduces the release of oil, which helps your makeup look fresh for a longer.
Homemade Ice Cube Remedies for the Face
Image Credits: Blog Anchoi
Green Tea Ice Cubes
1. Brew 2 green tea bags in boiling water.
2. After it cools down a bit. pour in a ice cube trap and place it the freezer.
3. Use these every other day gently moving it on your skin, especially around the eye area.
This home remedy is really helpful for de-puffing and waking up tired eyes, because of green tea's antioxidant properties.
Aloe Vera Ice Cubes
1. Use the natural gel that's inside an aloe vera plant or you can buy store bought natural aloe vera.
2. Add the gel to the ice cube tray along with a small amount of water.
3. Leave it in the freezer and use it every other day.
This natural recipe helps with skin sun burns and acne as well.
Cucumber & Lemon Ice Cubes
1. In a blender mix together a cucumber and the juice on 1 lemon.
2. Mix it really well and pour into an ice cube tray until it freezes.
You can use this ice cube remedy when you feel like your skin is tired and dull after a long day. For better results, try leaving the remaining liquid from the cube on the skin, without cleaning it off, until It dries.
Rose Water Ice Cubes
1. Mix together 1 cup of concentrated rose water with 1 cup of water.
2. Add to an ice cube tray and place it in the freezer.
3. Use 1 rose water ice cube daily on your face and neck and leave it to dry off alone.
Rose water helps with anti-aging and fighting bacteria that can build up on the skin.
Main Image Credits: Let's Mingle
Got any makeup or skincare questions? ASK FUSTANY can help with that! Post your question, and have makeup artists and skincare experts answer you!