September 19, 2016 12:00 AM | by The Fustany Team
How to Master the Sugaring Body Hair Removal Technique at Home
Sugaring is one of the oldest hair removal techniques, which was first used by Ancient Egyptians. Yes! Up until this day, many Middle Eastern still prefer the sugaring body hair removal technique, as it's a natural alternative to the traditional waxing. Also, sugaring gives you longer lasting results than shaving.
So how does sugaring work? It's all about the sugaring wax paste that you can make at home, which you use to remove your unwanted body hair from the roots, without adhering to your skin. The result is silky smooth skin! Now let's find out how to master the sugaring body hair removal technique at home.
Ingredients to make the sugaring wax paste:
2 cups sugar.
1/4 cup lemon juice.
1/8 cup water.
Steps to make the sugaring wax paste:
1. In a small saucepan, add all the ingredients and turn the heat on.
2. Using a non-stick spatula, stir well until the sugar dissolves into the lemon juice and water.
3. When you notice that the sugar started to caramelize and the temperature has risen, take the pan off the burner.
4. Stir in a rapid motion until you have a smooth brownish sugar wax paste.
5. Pour mixture in a container, and allow to cool down for a couple of hours. Never use it too hot!
How to use the sugaring wax paste for body hair removal:
1. First of all, make sure your skin is dry and clean. It's always a good idea to have a shower the night before to open up your pores.
2. Using your hands, take out a lime-sized portion of the sugaring wax paste, and gently rub it with your fingers.
3. Now stretch the sugar paste on your skin, going against the direction of your body hair growth.
4. Wait a few seconds, and then pull it out using a flicking motion in the same direction of your body hair growth.
5. If you feel that you don't have much control, hold your skin taut using your other hand, and just go bit by bit.
6. When the sugar wax paste stops feeling stretchy, replace it with another piece.
7. You can go over the same area several times to make sure you completely got rid of unwanted body hair.
8. After you're done, gather the sugar paste that's leftover on your skin with the sugar paste piece you got in your hands and then throw away.
9. Take a shower, and all the sticky skin will be clean in a matter of minutes!
Tip: For the best sugaring body hair removal results, your hair must at least a quarter of an inch long, so that the sugar waxing paste would be able to stick to the hairs and pull it out from the roots.
Be comfortable in your own skin! We'll tell you how to maintain your beauty through our Skincare section here.
Have You Read These?