Let’s face it, pimples in your bikini area have got to be the most annoying skincare problems out there. With swimsuit season right around the corner, we thought you should know how to prevent pimples in your bikini area.
1. Always wash your bikini area twice every day, this will prevent any bacteria from appearing there. Make sure to use a soap that is specifically used for the bikini area.
2. If you use a razor to shave any unwanted hair, you need to make sure the razor is clean and sharp to prevent any pimples from appearing in your bikini area. Never use the same razor once the razor is blunt, it is actually healthy to change your it every few days.
3. To prevent pimples in your bikini area, you need to always moisturize with products containing hydroxide. Also remember to scrub your bikini area twice a week to get rid of any dead skin cells.
4. Before removing any unwanted hair from your bikini area, be sure to shower with hot water first, as this will open up the pores, and removing the hair will be a lot easier.
5. The most important tip to prevent pimples in your bikini area, is to try and avoid any ingrown hairs. So be sure to remove any unwanted hair correctly, meaning in the opposite direction of its growth.
6. Another great way to prevent pimples in your bikini area, is to do a mask after removing any unwanted hair. All you will need is a teaspoon of baking soda and water. Mix the baking soda in a small cup of water, and apply it on to the area you removed the hair from for five minutes, then wash with cold water. This will close the pores, reducing your chances of inflammation and pimples.
7. Never ever shave your bikini area every day. You need to give the hair a chance to grow a little. You are better off shaving every three to four days, so your skin does not get inflamed, leading to pimples in your bikini area. However, if you wax your bikini area, you need to wait at least 10 days to two weeks before going in for your next appointment.
8. Preventing pimples in your bikini area stems down to your choice of underwear too. Always choose underwear pieces that are made of cotton, and cover the entire bikini area, to reduce you chances of irritation.