September 16, 2016 12:00 AM | by Nada Allam
Six Ways to Use Baby Oil
We probably cried and cried as our parents insisted on applying baby oil to us as infants, but nowadays I cannot let go of this magical oil. I am literally one of those people that stock up on a few bottles, as I get extremely aggravated if I can't find myself some baby oil. Sure it keeps your skin soft, however the baby oil does so much more.
Personally I use Johnson & Johnson Baby Oil and I swear by it, it has never let me down. Find out the six benefits of baby oil and how to use it:
1. Starting at the very top, it is an excellent moisturizer. I recommend applying the baby oil after you are done with the showering process. Usually a loofah exfoliates your skin, removes dead cells, and so applying it after rubbing your skin is the best. Emphasize on your knees and elbows. Do not wash it all away, just glide the shower hose over your the areas you applied once and you're good to go. After the shower, just tap your skin with the towel, that way most of the oil gets absorbed into your skin leaving it baby smooth.
2. This goes without saying, baby oil is an excellent massage oil. You get a lovely massage and you leave your skin smooth. Two birds one stone.
3. Are you a bubble bath person? Well look no further for bubble bath soaps, because with baby oil you can make your own. Pick you favorite perfume and add a few drops to a quarter jar of baby oil and shake. After you mix it, you can enjoy a bubble bath with your favorite scent.
4. Wondering how else you can use baby oil? Well, it's very good for your nails too. Most of us get our nails done on the weekend, apply baby oil to your nails every night before you sleep to keep your nails looking their best. On another note, baby oil is very good for cuticles, so don't forget to moisturize them.
5. Whatever hair removal process you use, baby oil is essential after. If you wax, be sure to apply baby oil to remove any excess wax, and sooth your skin from the redness. If you shave, baby oil is your best after-shave moisturizer as your skin is still too sensitive to apply any scented moisturizer. Whatever your method is, you are usually leaving your skin sensitive and irritated, baby oil is the best way to reduce irritation and soothe.
6. Since summer is a time where we are more prone to chapped heels, baby oil is the perfect solution. How to use baby oil? After soaking your feet in warm water, apply baby oil, emphasizing on your heel and cuticle of your toes. Put on socks before you sleep, wake up the next day and be amazed.
Photo Credits: xovain.com
Be comfortable in your own skin! We'll tell you how to maintain your beauty through our Skincare section here.