Just like you exert an effort to maintain your relationship with your man, it is extremely important not to slack off with your friends. They are relationships too, they deserve attention, care, nurturing, etc. While life may be busy and gets the better of us, it is your friends who will tag along with you in this crazy journey, it is your friends who will help you after a breakup and celebrate with you after an engagement. Needles to say, friendships are extremely precious, after time, they practically become your family, and you must take care of your family. So, we have come up with a few tips to maintain your friendship in the busy world we live in, that does not involve tweeting, instragramming or using any type of social media.
When I think of friends, I think of the TV show F.R.I.E.N.D.S and how at one point they didn't even have cell phones to keep in touch, which brings me to my first point:
1. Get up and go! Go visit your friends, go grab a cup of coffee on your lunch break, go stop by at their office for a quick chat.
2. Have traditions. It could be mani-pedi Wednesday, gossip Thursdays, or even workout Mondays. Whatever activity you enjoy, you need to have certain traditions that will always be your base when the going gets tough or busy.
3. Date night. As much as you probably love your man, a girl has got to have her night out with the ladies. Dress up, and go all out, it is a date after all.
4. Always be thoughtful. Often we think of ways to spoil our man, but what about our girlfriends? Bring them chocolate on a bad day, send them messages to make them smile, go the extra mile for them.
5. Fight! Every two people in a relationship fight. That doesn't mean you are not friends anymore, it is actually healthy. You've get to express your feelings, vent and resolve some issues.
6. Give space when needed. Everybody needs some ME time, so be sure to look out for those moments and act accordingly, nobody likes to be smothered.
7. Honesty really is the best policy. And it ranges from times where you don't like their outfit, to times when you think they are dating the wrong person for them. If you won't give them the honest truth, who will?
We Recommend:What Your Nail Kit Should Include