In the summertime, many women's goal is to get the perfect tan! They put on different tanning oils and lotions, they expose their skin to the sun for hours and hours, they try unexpected tanning tricks, and they hope for the best. Well, if you're after that gorgeous bronzed look, you need to check out this natural tanning oil recipe. Yes, you can work on your summer tan using a homemade natural tanning oil, and I'll tell you how to make it.
How to make a natural tanning oil at home
Coconut oil & green tea tanning oil
The main ingredients to make the natural tanning oil include coconut oil, green tea and walnut oil. Coconut oil contains a natural SPF, green tea works as a natural anti-oxidant that will neutralize the UV radiations, and walnut oil.
1/4 cup coconut oil
3 green tea-bags
2 tsp walnut oil
1. Boil 1/2 cup of water, add the green tea-bags until brewed. Leave aside for a couple of minutes.
2. In a glass container, add the coconut oil and the walnut oil.
3. Pour the green tea when it's cool, mix all ingredients, and your tanning oil is ready.
P.S. Never overexpose your skin to the sun, to avoid any harmful side effects. Always apply a proper sunscreen!
Carrot juice tanning oil
This is a recipe by Soraya Shawky, which she called 'secret tanning mix'. Carrots are rich with beta carotene which are converted into vitamin A in the body, they're also rich with vitamins and so good for your skin. You can make your tanning session much healthier.
Vitamin E or skip it
Carrot juice (freshly pressed)
1. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
2. Place it in a container.
3. Shake well before use.
Oils mix tanning oil by Huda Beauty team
This is a recipe that I found on the Huda Beauty online blog, it's seriously beneficial for your skin, bursting with antioxidants, so while you are having fun in the sun, you're also reviving your skin.
3 Tbsp of vitamins oil or carrot seed oil
1/2 cup of jojoba oil
1/2 cup of grapeseed oil
1/2 cup of coconut oil
1. Mix the oils together in a bowl.
2. Using a funnel dispense the mixture into a spray bottle.
3. shake well and apply sun protection before use.
Main Image Credits: Instagram @angelcandice